The Centre for Research and Promotion of Education for Sustainable Development (CEREPROD) has established a Vietnam research team to realize the T-learning case study in Mekong Delta in Vietnam. The teams includes experts from the CEREPROD, the CERE (Center for Environmental Research and Education) at Hanoi National University of Education (HNUE) and ECODE (Center for Eco-Community Development) established from Vietnam National University, Hanoi.
The CEREPROD is leading and coordinating activities of the whole team, while the CERE led by Prof. Nguyen Hoang Tri is responsible for conducting research activities at the Kien Giang Biosphere reserve (one of our two main study sites in Mekong Delta) and the ECODE led by PhD student Hoang Thi Ngoc Ha is responsible for implementing research activities in two communes of Can Tho City (the second study site in Mekong Delta).
Programme leader and researchers:
The members of CEREPROD involved in the Vietnam research team are as follows:
- Ass Prof. Tran Duc Tuan, Director of Center for Research & Promote of ESD CEREPROD of Hanoi National University of Education (HNUE), expert on ESD and climate change education
- Ass Prof. Dao Ngoc Hung, Lecturer of HNUE and CEREPROD’s researcher. He is an expert on climate change and physical geography
- Ass Prof. Nguyen Huu Chiem, Lecturer and researcher of Can Tho University. He is an expert on agricultural climate and livelihoods
- Ms Le Thi Hong Phuong, MSc and PhD scholar and lecturer of Hue University. She is PhD student on social learning for climate change adaptation at Wageningen University, Holland
The CERE’s research team composes of five academic and non-academic people, The team members are:
- Dr. Nguyen Hoang Tri, chair of Vietnam National Committee for MMan and Biosphere Program (MAB), Director of Center for Environmental Research and Education (CERE) of Hanoi National University of Education (HNUE).
- Dao Huy Giap, Chief Technical Adviser for MAB Vietnam, he is currently part-time working for the World Bank and aquaculture research for National University of Singapore (NUS).
- Nguyen Xuan Niem, Vice-Manager of Kien Giang Biosphere Reserve, Deputy-director of Department of Science and Technology of Kien Giang Province.
- Vo Thanh Son, Center for Natural Resources and Environment Studies (CRES), Vietnam National University, Hanoi (VNU)
- Vu Thuc Hien, Secretary member of MAB Vietnam
The research team of ECODE who is responsible for implementing research activities in two communes of Can Tho City includes the following persons:
- Hoang Thi Ngoc Ha, Director of ECODE, MSc and PhD scholar and expert on climate change and community development
- DSc Truong Quang Hoc, ECODE’s technical adviser of ECODE, Expert on Climate change and Green growth/ Sustainable development
- Prof. Nguyen Van Viet, ECODE’s researcher, expert on agricultural climate and livelihoods
- MSc Luong Ngoc Cuong, ECODE’s researcher assistant, MSC and expert on community development and disaster risk reduction
Local transformative knowledge network partners
- Centre for Research and Promotion of Education for Sustainable Development (CEREPROD) at Hanoi National University of Education (HUNE)
- Center for Environmental Research and Education (CERE) at Hanoi National University of Education (HNUE)
- Center for Eco-Community Development (ECODE) established from Vietnam National University, Hanoi
Vietnam’s Mekong Delta is one of the world’s three deltas mostly affected by climate change, where there are various forms presenting the nexus of climate change - water - food - energy - social justices [...]
By Prof Tran Duc Tuan